Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Ruth was telling me I need to blog the entire story of last weeks events. I didn't want to embarrass the hubster, but he's ok with me telling the story so here is goes.
Daren stayed home from work for the first time since I've known him (8 years). His fever was 101+, he wouldn't get out of bed and wouldn't eat. I was just trying to stay out of his way, because I was annoying him trying to take care of him.
Around noon I tried to feed the baby finger food of pork and squash. He was just playing with it, so I decided I needed to mash it up and feed it to him. That's when the fun started. I got an immersion blender for Christmas and thought it would be perfect. I don't really remember very well what happened, other then I tried to get stuck food out with my left index finger, while holding the machine in my right hand. The damn thing turned on and next thing I know I'm holding a towel over my finger and yelling for Daren to come downstairs.
Luckily I never took Will out of his highchair, so he was just playing by himself. I hear Daren stumbling upstairs and ask me what's happening. That's when I told him I need to go to the hospital, I think I cut the top of my finger off. He just freaked and just kept saying shit. When he got downstairs he said not to worry he'd take care of the baby. So I went sat in the car and waited...and waited.
I heard the baby crying, so I came in and the baby was on the floor in the living room and Daren was putting on his shoes. I was so annoyed, so I picked Will up and tried to figure out how to put him in the car seat without taking the pressure off my finger (impossible). About that time I hear a big bang in the house and go back in to find Daren unconscious where I'd left him. That's when panic set in. It seemed like an eternity before he regained consciousness. I told him I'd call an ambulance or see if a neighbor could drive us. He insisted he'd be fine, got the baby in the car and drove us.
On the way to the hospital I peeked in the towel for the first time an saw a piece hanging off. Once we got to the ER and the asked to see it I realized it was just my fingernail. Daren and the baby just stayed out in the waiting room, mostly because Daren was too freaked out to see my finger. We ended up there for 4 hours, most of the time just waiting. I ended up losing most of my nail and the a lot of stitches on the front of the finger. I also chipped a seed bead sized piece of bone off the tip.
Once we got home poor Daren went straight to bed. He a bit better but was still sick the next day. I saw the hand surgeon last Wednesday and again yesterday. I get to keep all of my finger and my nail will grow back. Luckily it's all good news. Once I get my stitches out I'll let you know how many I got since that's the question everyone is asking.
While I'm waiting for things to heal I can't really knit, but I can crochet. So I've made a project for the Valentine Vampire Swap on ravelry and am working on another one for the Queen of Hearts Swap. I also started Short and Sweet out of Just Bamboo in my stash.


1 comments:
January.... you haven't blogged since January.
And you have so much to tell!
Post a Comment