Thursday, March 11, 2010
The fireplace was completed today. I am thrilled at how it turned out. It will be a beautiful focal point to our downstairs.
Here's the frame after we decided to take it all the way to the ceiling. We should have done that in the first place instead of having the framer come out twice.
The stonework was completed today. It is actually darker then I thought I wanted, but I love it.
The funny stone on the side with the white in it is the switch to turn fireplace on. I've already put some accessories on the mantle. We will set up the logs and see how it works tomorrow.
The french doors were also installed today. They look great, but I think they need trim. It took me a while to figure out what was missing. Maybe Daren and I will be brave enough to try it ourselves.


0 comments:
Post a Comment