The Hero

Monday, March 08, 2010

I finished my Ravelympics project almost a week late. But it was only 3 weeks to knit a men's sweater, I'm pretty happy with that.

Here's the Hero Pullover by Ann Budd. I used Berroco Ultra Alpaca which I purchased in Denim Mix, then over-dyed with navy. It came out as a lovely shaded dark blue.

Daren the Hero

I actually blocked the gauge swatch I knit, which meant I knit this with size 7 needles in the size 44. It was way to small after knitting, but blocked out to perfectly fit Daren. I switched from knitting this in pieces to knitting in the round to the underarms. I knit the arms flat, just as instructed.

Here's the back of the pullover in a 3x1 rib.

Hero Back

The zipper was very easy to sew in. I don't think he'll actually use the zipper, but it gives it a finished look.

Hero's Zipper

He loves it and says it may become one of his favorite sweaters. He wore it to dinner Saturday night, wore it yesterday when it got cold and wore it to work today. Let's hope he doesn't love it too much and wear it to excessive stinkiness.

 
Skeindalous - by Templates para novo blogger