Friday, November 07, 2008
I loved the original Life On Mars from BBC. It was one of my favorite series of all time, with the second best series ending (Six Feet Under had the best). It's about Sam Tyler, who was hit by a car while searching for a serial killer in 2006, he wakes up from the accident in 1973. Life On Mars is referencing the David Bowie song Sam is listening to when he's hit. Gene Hunt is a brutal cop, who absolutely stole the show. The mystery of what is actually happening to Sam Tyler was original and facinating. Is he dead, hallucinating in his coma or did he really time travel?
When I heard they were going to do an American version of the show I was appalled, I thought there was no way I would watch it. They announced that Harvey Keitel would play Gene Hunt, so I decided to watch. The basic story is the same, except it's 2008 instead of 2006. I have been pleasantly surprised by the show. The original is way better and they are still recreating episodes. But the recreations are very American, just like the original was very British. If you never saw the original I would think this would be the most original show and concept you will see. The cast is good, Harvey Keitel is a bit old for Gene Hunt, but he's Harvey Keitel and brilliant. Michael Imperioli even better than the British guy who played the same part, of a politically incorrect ruthless yet loyal cop. I highly recommend checking out this show (and renting the British version if you can).


2 comments:
What's with the wierd way they posed Keitel in that bottom pic?
Thanks for "following" me! How can I follow you?
I emailed you the link to follow blogs.
I don't know why they posed him like that. Maybe it shows the grooviness of the 70's clothes better.
Post a Comment