Ginormous Project Post

Monday, November 10, 2008

I got the urge to blog about all of my current and future projects. So here it goes.

I've finished Bellini out of Noro Silk Garden Light. This pattern was from the Noro trunk show at Elegant Stitches in Miami. The sample of this sweater in particular was the one used in the photo shoot for the pattern book. We measured the sample and it was smaller then the extra small. How are we suppose to determine how a sweater is going to look on real people when the models are that small?

Despite that. I love the way it turned out. I ended up making the small because of the finished measurements. She still needs some buttons. I've ordered some vintage faux wood buttons off of Etsy. I wore it yesterday anyway.

I’ve seen these bangles everywhere. I saw them at Old Navy recently and had to make one. Then Vogue Knitting had some on the cover. I didn't use any of the patterns from Vogue Knitting I just used a simple 9 stitch braid pattern. This is such a quick project, it only took about 2 hours to make. I got the bangle base from Hobby Lobby for $3.50. It’s made from unfinished wood to decorate however you want. I used some left-over Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino from a hat project. It a great way to use up small bits of left-over yarn.
I started these mock cable sock on my flight to England in Sept. I'm almost done with the toe on the first sock, but I've realized they 'll be too big. I'm going to finish them the way they are and give them to my mom for Christmas. It's Lorna's Laces sock yarn in Lucky Stripe.

I am poorly prepared for the winter in Colorado. I spent the last 2 winters in Miami and before that about 10 years in the Bay Area. I haven't owned real winter clothes since I was a kid. I bought this beautiful Red Rocks Aspen sock yarn from A Knitted Peace, to make some gloves. I'm using the Progressive Gloves pattern from Interweave Knits Winter 2003. You can download the pattern for free on their site. It's a formula rather then a set pattern.

I'm very close to being finished with this hat. The yarn is hand spun wool and mohair that Daren bought from the Renaissance Fair over the summer. He actually picked yarn out all by himself! This is a basic 2x2 ribbed hat for him.

Once the Renaissance hat is finished I'm casting on Odessa for Daren's mom. It out for Wool Bam Boo and pretty emerald green seed beads from Ruth (Thanks Ruth!). Wendy asked me to make her a hat last time I saw her. She asked for black or another color. Since I can't remember what the other color she asked for, it going to be black.

I'm making felted clogs for everyone for Christmas. My great aunt Clara use to make the entire family knit slippers every Christmas. She's been gone for a while now and I thought it would be a nice to start her little tradition again, but with my own twist.

I've got the bug to sew again, and have a lot of patterns and fabric. I'm going to start with this dress pattern and silk fabric. Hopefully I'm not too rusty.

I also bought some Christmas fabrics to make aprons to sell on Etsy.

0 comments:

 
Skeindalous - by Templates para novo blogger