Post Summit Recap

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Sock Summit was just as fun as I remembered the first time around. I did the booth on my own this year, although Ruth's stitch savers with me. I also brought along the lovely Laura's Dizzy Blonde Yarn.

DSC01672

On Thursday with Tina, Jen and my sister we got the booth up in record time. Even with the little man we had plenty of time for lunch and for me to take my afternoon class with Crissy Gardiner, Designing with Handpainted Yarn.

Thursday and Friday were the busiest day for sales. We attended the opening night reception, but skipped out on the Sock Hop. It is exhausting working in a booth all day. I was able to meet my shipmate from the Starfleet Fiber Arts Corp on Ravelry. JenyBecca was super sweet and fun to chat with.

JennyBecca and me

We stayed in the Jupiter Hotel near in downtown Portland. Super cute boutique hotel with chalkboard doors. I let Will draw on the doors, which I was told may be a bad idea.

Chalkboard Doors

Over all I'm happy with the convention. I meet my sales goal and had a good time. I may participate again in two years.

0 comments:

 
Skeindalous - by Templates para novo blogger