Poor Neglected Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

So it's been almost 6 months since I posted anything. I have been busy, but that's no excuse. I'll just update with a few highlights of the past 6 months.

DSC00819

We went to Santa Fe when Will was 8 weeks old. That was so much fun. I even found a bird walk with the Audubon society for my bird obsessed hubby. We now realize they are in every city in the country. It's a nice way to see the counrtyside.

DSC00876

I left Will with a sitter for the fist time to see The Psychedelic Furs. Our friend Rich is the guitarist, so we had dinner with him and the saxophonist first. The concert was fun, but the best part was after when Rich was surrounded by fan girls, hilarious.

Fish Mobile

I made a fish mobile for Will's room. When he out grows the mobile I can take the fish off and they become toys.

DSC00894

Daren's parents came out from England and spent 2 weeks. They were able to meet Will for the first time.

Daren and I both decided we needed to lose the baby weight, so we started eating out less and joined a gym. He's lost all the weight he wanted to (20 lbs in less then 2 months), I'm still working on it. I have lost over 25 lbs since having Will, still have more to go.

DSC00997

We flew out to the Bay Area to see my family. We stayed in San Jose, went to they Monterey Bay Aquarium and stayed in a really nice cabin in Big Sur. Will was able to meet my friends and almost my mom's entire side of the family.

Tardis

Will and I went to Taos for the wool festival at the beginning of the month. I took a fantastic dying class, expect great thing to come. I went down with several girls from my knitting group and just had a great weekend. I'm totally doing it again next year. For some reason the only picture I took was of a Tardis tent at the Ravelry booth (Will told me he wants one).



Aspen

That brings us up to this past weekend where we decided to drive up to Aspen for our anniversary. It is beautiful up there, but we forgot what it means when they say snow in Oct. We were parked on 70 just before the Eisenhower tunnel for 30 minutes. Over Independence pass was terrifying because of the narrow road and icy conditions. We had a nice meal, but that was about it for a fun weekend. Both Will and I were just getting colds, so I got 2 hours of sleep and felt terrible. We had to leave early before more storms hit and we got stuck up there.

If you want to see more pictures you can always visit my Flickr site.

1 comments:

Big Alice said...

Awr, super-cute baby! Wow, you've been busy. I am very late, but I still wanted to wish you congratulations!

 
Skeindalous - by Templates para novo blogger