Drop Stitch Cable Cardigan

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I finally finished the Cable Band Cardigan from Vogue Fall 2008. I am mostly happy with it. It is so warm and cuddly, perfect for cold winter days. The collar wraps around the back of the neck like a scarf. It flares open a bit around the belly, so I should be able to wear it to the end of my pregnancy.

Cable Cardigan

As you can see I have the sleeves rolled up a bit. For some reason I made them very long. It fits well enough, but I think I would make a size smaller next time. I was worried that the hips flared out too much, but looking at these pictures I think it's fine. I'm not happy with the buttons , I think they are a bit small. They will work for now, but I'm keeping my eyes open for better ones.

Drop Stitch Cable Cardigan

Nice back shot with big cable band just under the butt. Making that band was very tedious. I ended up knitting almost 11 repeats of the pattern. It says to do the band for 104", which I think I was pretty close to. Over all I'm very happy with the cardi. My winter jacket (non maternity) is quickly shrinking on me, so I think this could be good for the rest of winter. Well, as long as it doesn't get too cold.

Cable Cardigan back

I started some washcloths for the frog. They are Kris Knits patterns. These are 2 of 8 cloths. They knit up very quick, in an hour or less. She has several cloths this size, which I think are nice for baby washcloths, but a little small for dishcloths.

Baby Cloths

2 comments:

5elementknitr said...

104"!! You are much braver then I.

It's so pretty!

CraftyLaDonna said...

I love how your cardi came out! It looks awesome on you (and I think the buttons are fine).

 
Skeindalous - by Templates para novo blogger