10 in 2010

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I joined a Ravelry Group called 10 in 2010. The description from the group: "Ten projects in 2010 - a simple idea but a great goal! We have all committed to try and knit ten projects, use ten different yarns (if they overlap, that’s great, if not, you can certainly complete more projects!), and complete them all in 2010!"

I think my list is doable, and a bit modest. I am expecting a baby in just a few short months, so I have to plan for less time. Here is the list of my 10 patterns for 2010.
Hero Pullover (still looking for the yarn, my Ravelympics project)
Ducky Onesie (made with Dale of Norway Stork for my summer baby)
Firebird Socks (kit in stash)
Rufus Textured Cardigan (made with Sumblime organic Merino DK in Stash)
Frances Nursing Shawl (made with my own Skeindalous yarn!)
Raha Scarf (made with Windy Valley Muskox Quiviut from stash, cast on January 8)
Viper Pilot Socks (Made with Arucania Ranco from my stash)
Jasmine (still need to get the yarn, plan to use Rowan 4 ply)
Funky #7 (received pattern and yarn from Love bites Halloween swap, Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool)
Winter Twilight Mitts (will use my Skeindalous yarn again)

There are just a few of the patterns that have a firm deadline, like the summer baby onesie and the Ravelympics project, but most I can work on the others at my own pace throughout the year.

I am still working on the Drop stitch Cable Cardi by Nora Gaughan from Vogue Knitting Fall 2008. It's out of a beautiful teal Berroco Peruvia. I have the body and sleeves knit up I just have 104" of band to knit up. I am also still working on the Oktoberfest socks by Tsock Tsarina. They are really easy, but I have made a few mistakes from not actually ready the instructions. They have been a bit frustrating, but that is my fault and nothing to do with the pattern.

 
Skeindalous - by Templates para novo blogger